Home remedies lower blood glucose levels preventing diabetes
(NaturalNews) For people flirting with elevated blood glucose levels, the looming threat of having to take insulin shots can truly be frightening. Diabetes has become more prevalent than ever due to the All-American diet consisting of fast junk food, sodas, and the variety of other garbage people consume -- counter to common rational health advice. Even for many participating in healthier lifestyles and eating whole foods, blood sugar levels may still be troublesome. Whether you're diabetic or prediabetic, there are a variety of home remedies available to help manage your numbers and eliminate the need for insulin.
· Drink more water, especially immediately after a meal. Water aids digestion and flushes the system. Although there are some branches of alternative medicine that advise against drinking with meals, it's in your best interest to ignore that advice if you want to lower your glucose levels. Try it and observe how you feel. Take blood sugar readings and see the proof.
· Exercise! When exercising, your muscles burn sugars stored in the body, lowering overall blood sugar levels.
· Change your diet. Add more vegetables, legumes, lean protein and whole grains while reducing the amounts of simple carbohydrates. Choose foods that are lower on the glycemic index.
· Eat frequent, smaller meals throughout the day every three to four hours to maintain stability for blood sugar levels
· Lose weight to help manage glucose levels and lower blood sugar
· Eliminate alcohol and sodas, both which cause blood sugar to fluctuate
· Check your thyroid levels. It's not Continue reading