diabetestalk.net

What Is The Significance Of Vomiting In A Child Who Has Dka

Share on facebook

Clinical Characteristics Of Diabetic Ketoacidosis In Children With Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes In Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: A Cross-sectional Study

Abstract Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is one of the most serious acute complications of type 1 diabetes (T1D) and the leading cause of morbidity and mortality in children with T1D. This study was aimed at assessing the prevalence and associated factors of DKA in children with newly diagnosed T1D in Addis Ababa. Methods A hospital based cross-sectional study was conducted in selected hospitals in Addis Ababa. Children below the age of 12 years with DKA who were admitted to the pediatric ward in the selected hospitals between January 2009 and December 2014 and the residence of Addis Ababa were included. DKA was defined as children below the age of 12 years who have blood glucose level ≥250mg/dl, ketonuria, and ketonemia and diagnosed being T1D patient for the first time. Descriptive statistics was performed using frequency distribution, mean, median, tables, and graphs. Logistic regression analysis was used to identify independent factors associated with the prevalence of DKA in children with newly diagnosed T1D. Of 395 DKA patients who were hospitalized during the five-year period, 142(35.8%) presented with DKA at first diagnosis of diabetes. On the other hand 253 (64.2%) children Continue reading >>

Share on facebook

Popular Questions

  1. Redirish86

    So general curiosity here adhering to Keto 100% do any of you have a few Keto friendly drinks once a week? Like Diet Coke and rum or whiskey? Also how badly does this set you back or have you noticed it does?

  2. Izerian

    ketogenicforums.com
    15
    Alcohol
    This category is for discussing low carb options for Alcohol as well as science specific to alcohol metabolism by a fat adapted human.
    Good place to start. I'm on my phone else I'd elaborate more. My understanding is that zero carb alcoholic drinks are fine, if you're willing to put ketosis on pause while your body cleans out the alcohol from your blood.

    Like I said, that's my understanding.

  3. Minivanmachoman

    I used to do this and then moved to whiskey on the rocks, then to whiskey straight, then to no booze for various reasons since June 2016.
    Booze was a double edged sword for me. Good times, but I had a tendency to really eat a ton during and after. Diet cola also seems to produce an insulin response in me so I have been off that as well.
    Some people can have booze and be aok, others, like me, are hit or miss. Try it out and see what works for you! You probably already know this but take it slow on the booze, your tolerance will be way down.
    Good Luck!
    KCKO!

    Edit:grammar and spelling are hard.

  4. -> Continue reading
read more close

Related Articles

Popular Articles

More in ketosis